There will be awesome clothes for everyone including teachers, parents, college kids, and of course the young ones, just in time for Summer. So start cleaning those closets! Fill up some bags with clothes that you or the kids have out grown and throw in the clothes in the back of your closet that haven't been worn in forever. Give them a good wash and then bring them by the 100% FREE Clothing Exchange and exchange it for something you really like.
Doors open at noon and close at 5pm. Early drop off and donation items can be brought to First United Lutheran Church 6202 East Mockingbird Lane Dallas, TX 75214 Noon-7pm Friday May 31st, and on Saturday, June 1st (the day of the event) from 8am to 11am. It is a good way to skip the line. :)
How The Clothing Exchange works:
1) Dig in your closet (and your kid's closets) for good clothes that have been out grown or just aren't worn any more.
2) Make sure all clothes are clean and free of dirt, smells, and pet hair.
3) Put the clothes in bags or boxes
4) Bring your clothes to the First United Lutheran Church Hall at 6202 East Mockingbird Lane Dallas, TX 75214 the day of the Exchange (Sat. June 1st, Noon-5pm), or do an early drop-off May 31st Noon - 7pm, or Sat May1st from 8am-11am (the day of the Exchange). (If you bring your clothes before the day of the Exchange please bring them to the Church Hall at the back of the church. There, you will receive a voucher for your clothes. Just bring your voucher to the Exchange table at the day of the event to be credited for the clothes, and receive your empty bags to fill. If you would like to just donate clothes, your voucher will be discreetly given to a family in need through the pastor's office)
5) At the Exchange your clothes will be measured out according to the 'standard bag' size (about the size of a paper grocery bag) and you will be given new empty bags to fill up as you like. (For example, if you bring clothes in a kitchen garbage bag, it is equal to about 3 'standard bags')
6) Go into the air conditioned Hall to the Exchange floor and enjoy looking though thousands of fantastic new and used clothes.
7) Walk away with a whole new wardrobe of stuff you love! Easy as pie, and FREE!
Other Exchange Facts:
The Dallas Clothing Exchange is a Free Event and has been running twice a year for 5 years.
The Dallas Clothing Exchange is the Biggest Clothing Exchange in Dallas. (400 - 1200 people attending each time)
If you need extra bags or you don't bring any clothes to exchange, you can get a bag for a $5 donation each.
All proceeds and donations go to feeding our hardworking volunteers and to the First United Lutheran Church as a Thank You for allowing this event to happen in their space.
The Dallas Clothing Exchange is an Official Green Event.
Clothes are sorted as baby, toddler, tween, women's formal, women's casual, women's pants, men's shirts, men's slacks, purses/ shoes/ accessories, and jackets and coats.
Over 85% of the clothes exchanged are designer brands and well made.
All clothes are sorted before they are put out for people to browse.
Only clothes that are clean and in good shape make it to the floor.
All clothes that are left over after the exchange go directly to local charity.
Please e-mail if you have any questions.
ALSO WE WILL HAVE SEVERAL DALLAS FOOD TRUCKS STOPPING BY:
Four Seasons by Vizion Catering
• Post ID: 22155172 dallas