Consistent with company and department objectives and goals, responsible for the supervision, guidance and activities of sales force in a specified region including sales, training, incentives and discipline.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Supervision: Responsible for the recruitment, training and development of sales representatives/support staff in specified territory (typically 13-16)
- Territory Market Opportunities: Responsibility for research, identifying new market opportunities and input on advertising techniques. Participates in the determination of district market potential and other projects related to sales/sales acceptability and trends from the field and industry sources.
- Budgetary Oversight: Responsibility for spending, investing, controlling MDF. Responsible for oversight and approval budgeted expenses and sales for their Region.
- Methods: Responsibility for developing or improving methods; manufacturing, marketing, personnel, etc. Assists sales support/market staff members in activities such as sales promotions, merchandising product development or market research in planning and executing special projects.
- Primary responsibility is to direct work of others in the accomplishment meeting assigned sales targets
- Hires and trains sales personnel; evaluate progress and results. Provides ongoing supervision of sales staff including goal setting, strategy and motivation to perform.
- Plans and manages the sales effort (through outside representatives) and activities for the region with additional support of sales administration.
- Prepares regular and special reports reflecting region activities and results; customer responses and complaints.
- Keeps informed of competitors and activities through review of information from the field or from other sources; communicates results to management.
- Coordinates the sales efforts with other company departments (i.e. marketing, customer service) in working toward regional objectives and common goals of the company.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of sales programs, policies and procedures as well as adherence to these programs/policies within defined territory
- Increases sales volume through direct sales efforts with customers base and by assisting sales representatives in the field.
- Provides continual communication to sales staff from the company including pricing, trends, etc.
- Solves problems faced in the field, monitor promotional budgets and allocate to sales staff; establish working relationship with customer base.
- Conducts regional sales meetings and informs the sales force of new development in products and policies
- Performs other related responsibilities and assignments as required
Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing or related field of study preferred.
- 5 - 10 years previous experience in sales.
- Majority of those years should be spent in sales related to the golf industry.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability in supervising, evaluating and correcting staff of professionals. Proven ability to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to properly forecast the regions business on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Results oriented personality with a high energy level and sense of urgency.
- Ability to establish creditability and be decisive in alignment with the organizations preferences and priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of company practices, policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of game of golf and company products.
- Golf technical knowledge desirable.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work; including weekends.
- Extensive travel (car/plane). Must be able to travel to various locations to perform sales work (50% traveling)
- MUST be able to live and travel within defined region lines
The above description is intended to show in general terms, the responsibilities for which the position exists and the type, level and work which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However, this description is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements nor an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the duties, responsibilities and activities or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will relationship between the Company and its employees.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 75570142 dallas