What you’ll be doing...
As a VOIP Translations Engineer duties will include testing, deploying, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Softswitch technology in Verizon’s network. Candidate must have experience working in a production environment troubleshooting SIP/SS7 signaling and trunking, and associated translations. Individual must have a good overall understanding of telephony. Applicant will be required to participate in off-shift and 24x7 on-call rotations.
- Maintain switch integrity through performance of the following software translations and audits:
- Building translations and testing of new Softswitch related technologies.
- Perform SS7 and SIP captures to isolate and resolve network and customer issues.
- Perform reroutes during outages.
- Work closely with VoIP Engineering and Operations teams to test issue resolutions.
- Perform Translation trouble analysis and resolution on Network and Customer issues.
- Tier II support for NOC and Repair Organizations.
- Building Network Trunk Groups for VoIP Trunks.
- Trunk groups (SIP, ISUP, PRI, CAS, ETC) – trouble shoot Customer trunk groups.
- Activate and test new features.
- Build new Rate Centers, Dial Plans, and multi-LATA configurations for VoIP.
- Build script files to assist in translations work.
- Perform customer trunk group turn up, routing, changing and testing for Switches in a real-time environment.
- Interface with Regulatory on customer and network issues.
- Interface with Fraud Team for fraud resolution and prevention issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree with 3 or more years of Softswitch and/or Complex Translations experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience deploying SIP trunking and TDM carrier service.
- Strong working knowledge of VoIP protocols including SIP.
- Proficiency in network switching and signaling fundamentals to include: SS7, SIP, MGCP, and traditional TDM signaling protocols (i.e. GR303).
- Knowledge of Local Number Portability (LNP) and Toll Free Services.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2469854-voip-translations-engineer
• Post ID: 77899042 dallas