TAMKO is seeking a Forklift Operator Dock at our Dallas, Texas facility to fill a temporary position. The forklift operator drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier and move products, equipment and materials.
Essential job functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Unload and stack material by raising and lowering lifting devices
- Weigh materials and products and record weight on tags, labels and production schedules
- Manually load and unload materials on/off pallets, skids and lifting devices
- Lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank and replace liquefied gas tanks
- Perform daily pre-operation inspection of forklifts
- Conduct inventory of goods/materials and supply workers with materials as needed
- Sweep and clean designated areas in the office and warehouse
- Transport products to and from remote storage areas
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Valid driver's license
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to write, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee is required to sit inside the cab of several kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic and caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Associated topics: dockworker, forklift operator, loader, logistics engineer, material handler, picker, servicer, supply chain, trainee, warehouse agent
• Post ID: 64717148 dallas