Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 10:38 AM
The role is responsible for setting the strategic direction for Content Marketing for the Finance, Retail, Healthcare and Manufacturing Verticals, executional responsibility for digital, editorial, experiential and sales content.
This individual will work closely with Vertical Channel Marketing, creative agency teams and other organizations across AT&T to effectively develop content, messaging and experience strategies to bring to life retail marketing strategy through content execution to accelerate growth and increase the profitability for the Finance, Marketing, Retail, Public Sector and Manufacturing Verticals. The candidate will be accountable for positioning our capabilities to transform market awareness of AT&T as a leader and innovator within the vertical space. The candidate plays a fundamental role in the content strategy and the development of compelling creative concepts and specializes in providing relevant content for all media, including websites, print and collateral, videos, events and advertising. Responsibilities include taking complex data and turning it into persuasive copy directed at customers and all stakeholders. Responsible for stewardship of the AT&T business brand tone of voice and identity, compiles best practices, and quality control. May oversee work performed by others to ensure quality and serves as inspiration to the direction of the unit, while not directly managing people.
Requires expert-level writing and editing skills, as well as an expert working knowledge of current web content development practices. Applies expert knowledge, principles, theories, concepts and writing ability to large and complex project deliverables. Must also work on multiple projects simultaneously and handle tight deadlines. Content strategist will support not only content needs, but executing a best in class user experience for our customers.
Provides leadership with project forecasting, roadmap planning with marketing business partners to meet their objectives, preparing detailed plans and schedules, calculating resource allocation and assignment, providing ongoing coordination and tracking expense funding.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- Collaborates with Vertical leaders to develop content strategy to deliver business objectives. Responsible for oversight of content and marketing communications execution in support of verticals.
- Skills required for content development: copy writing, layout and design services for marketing communications. Requires advanced knowledge of content strategy, marketing communications and content execution.
- Ability to articulate complex solutions and build out an impactful value proposition and marketing campaign to accelerate growth.
- Responsible for content strategy and distribution recommendations on digital platforms, industry events, forums, and content advertising in targeted publications for the vertical.
- Evaluates impact on marketing communication planning objectives and strategies. Responsible for monitoring of integrated communications, and fulfilling support functions in evaluating impact of content on strategic business objectives.
- Has advanced knowledge of brand voice principles; responsible for applying those levels of knowledge and professional experience to the development, placement and management of content .
- Responsible for copy writing and layout of website, newsletters, product briefs, and customer presentations for all aspects of marketing communications for the Verticals.
- Collaborates with Sales and Channel to create communications tools that enable sales to speak the customer's language anchored to the industry to support sales growth.
- Strong proven oral and written communication skills and the drive to build a best-in-class communications program.
- Must have strong attention to detail, project management skills, be highly organized and creative, adhere to project deadlines, and work well with internal and external clients.
- Able to set priorities, stay focused, and set clear milestones.
- Must have experience leading agency resources, project timelines and elevating creative work product.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- This position is considered the foremost expert within the marketing communications discipline for content marketing
Education: Bachelor's Degree is not required, but Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Experience : Prefer 5 - 8 years of experience in a related field.
Supervisory : No.
Required Skills and Experience
- Five or more years marketing communications experience in a technology focused industry, preferably as editor, content strategist or writer
- Experience with telling a story using words, images, and/or video and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience, leveraging analytics to inform continuous improvement
- Proven ability to understand, synthesize, and reorganize complex information
- Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to plan, meet deadlines, prioritize projects and manage a cross-functional team.
- Excellent project management skills required including ability to set and meet tight deliverables for multiple simultaneous projects while assuring accuracy and consistency in deliverables
- Leadership skills to shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with creative direction
Requisition ID 1763802
• Location: Dallas
• Post ID: 70216612 dallas