What you’ll be doing...
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Verizon’s Enterprise Network Engineering Design (ENED) team. Working both internally and alongside various architecture, deployment, and certifications teams, the ENED team determines the strategic direction of Verizon’s internal data network (IDN) supporting network element management connectivity, back office system data center infrastructure, and product development efforts through specialized network deployments across the US, Canada and LATAM.
In this position you will lead a team of senior-level engineers tasked with ensuring the functional efficiency and stability of the network by identifying and designing to technology, capacity, and operational requirements. You will be responsible for aligning long-term strategic plans with capital and expense budget requirements, and working with various downstream organizations in support of organizational, acquisition and divestiture activities, as well as large-scale strategic initiatives supporting enterprise and consumer products and services.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (L1-4) and experience in strategic planning and network design.
Even better if you have:
- BS in relevant discipline (EE, CS, etc).
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols (L1-4) and ten or more years of experience in strategic planning and network design.
- Previous management experience is a plus.
- Expert communications skills and ability to provide detailed reporting and program tracking.
- Highly skilled at presenting complex technical data to executive leadership in a live setting.
- Ability to work with multiple teams to drive and fulfill organizational goals.
- TCP/IPv4/v6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS (RSVP-TE/LDP), Ethernet, STP, SNMP, SONET/SDH/OTN.
- Familiarity with SDN, OpenFlow, NETCONF/YANG models is a plus.
*This position can sit anywhere within the Verizon footprint
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7464259-senior-manager-network-engineer-and-operations
• Post ID: 63011013 dallas