What you’ll be doing...
This person will report directly to the Executive Director of Wireline Network Security and drive cybersecurity programs across the Verizon Wireline business. We work in a matrixed managed environment reporting into Network Operations and indirectly into the CISO. The scope of the responsibility will include all Wireline network assets and applications that are managed and supported by the Network Operations teams including customer critical network and the management networks. This position will be critical in helping to secure Verizon assets as we transform legacy platforms into intelligent edge networks.
- Drive complex mid-to-large scale cybersecurity programs and projects to improve the Wireline Business Unit risk posture.
- Establish credibility and maintain working relationships with groups involved with cybersecurity matters. Some of the teams you'll engage with include: Legal, CISO Office, Internal Audit, Fraud, Physical Security, Network - Engineering, Planning and Operations.
- Partner with internal teams and businesses to define project requirements and ensure expectations are met and managed.
- Manage projects while setting priorities and measurable objectives, cross-functional dependencies, resourcing, scheduling, communication, implementation, and subsequent monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results.
- Deliver on cybersecurity projects that are fully integrated into operational processes.
- Provide ad hoc executive support including metrics, employee security awareness, and executive presentations.
- Provide support for customer audit, internal audit, and pre-sales activities.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 6+ years of cybersecurity project management experience.
- PMP or other project management related training or experience.
- Cybersecurity related credentials (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.); VLSS project experience.
- System, network, and application security knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to communicate technical details and risk in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems with excellent resourcefulness and resolve in a high matrix environment.
- Ability to act independently; interface with people at all levels in the company, and take initiative to engage internal & external personnel/services to ensure reliable and secure systems.
- Demonstrated experience with self-initiated security projects or programs improving the overall strategic posture of the threat and risk landscape throughout an organization.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2520694-security-risk-management-principal
• Post ID: 79957352 dallas