Director of Nursing (LoneStar Ambulatory Surgery Center) - BSM Consulting - Recruiting Support
About the Position
Our Ophthalmic Ambulatory Surgery Center LoneStar Ambulatory Surgery Center is looking for an experienced Director of Nursing to join our team. The successful candidate willbe responsible for maintaining quality of care throughout the entire facility, including the surgical and educational departments. He or she will also be required to manage and train our nursing staff. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in a nursing leadership position, a strong ability to work with a team, and an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry.
About the Practice
Eye Consultants of Texas (ECT) founder Phillips Kirk Labor, MD is internationally known for his LASIK and cataract expertise. has received several honors for his outstanding contributions. He is one of a select few ophthalmologists who is chosen by major companies to evaluate new eye care technologies. Dr. Labor is actively involved in a leadership capacity for several eye care organizations. Three surgical instruments were introduced by Dr. Labor and bear his name. The physicians of Eye Consultants of Texas are committed to ensuring their patients receive individualized treatment plans. Joined by a team of three optometrists, ECT patients are afforded the benefit of a full spectrum of eye care services in both the Grapevine/Southlake and Fort Worth locations. There is also a significant emphasis on the management of dry eye disease through the Dry Eye Institutes of America. In addition to the ECT clinic, the practice has two fully accredited, Class C operating rooms through LoneStar Ambulatory Surgery Center. Medical mission work is also a special interest for these very unique physicians.
The practice (www.eyectexas.com) has partnered with
BSM Consulting (bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the search process.
No calls or emails, please.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL application, resume, and cover letter,
please visit our Career Center at:
Education and Experience
- Registered nurse with current license to practice as a professional nurse in the state of Texas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required (Master's degree preferred)
- Two years' operating room experience; private ASC experience a plus.
- A minimum of 2-years nursing supervisory experience. Ophthalmology experience preferred but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the successful performance of the essential job responsibilities.
- A working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package, including electronic medical records, is necessary.
- Organization with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solver with analytical skills.
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients' needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Works with the Physician Owner and Practice Administrator to implement goals and objectives for the facility.
- Plans for appropriate number and levels of staff to meet nursing care needs based on patient requirements and staff qualifications.
- Ensures that proper quantities of medical supplies and the necessary surgical equipment are available and in good repair; supervises inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Establishes and maintains visible professional relationships; accepts authority and responsibility for nurse/physician relationships which enhance patient care.
- Promotes cooperation with all departments and doctors' offices through effective lines of communication.
- Maintains personal professional growth through continuing education and participation in professional organizations.
- Encourages staff participation in, and provides resources to the staff that perform the following duties, including but not limited to: Quality Improvement (CQI), scheduling of staff, inventory (ordering/receiving of supplies/drugs), staff development and training, risk management/safety committees, review of policies and procedures.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for acquisition, storage, dispensation, accountability, and proper handling of all drugs.
- Oversees handling of bio-hazardous waste utilizing policies and procedures developed according to regulatory agency guidelines.
- Establishes policies/procedures which enforce rules, regulations, and legal requirements of regulatory bodies/accreditation groups, facilitating any visits from these groups by providing written/verbal information requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LoneStar Ambulatory Surgery Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.
Associated topics: care, coronary, infusion, intensive, mhb, nurse clinical, psychiatric, surgery, tcu, transitional
• Post ID: 70755177 dallas