Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 11:15 AM
Be at the heart of everything we touch. To succeed in bringing the best technology in telecommunications, high-speed Internet and TV to our customers, we need thought leaders and innovators like you. Across the company, your vision will help shape the future of the people, products and services that entertain the world and keep AT&T an industry leader.
Directs and provides subject matter expertise for analysis, research and solution development to aid executive leadership in setting the strategy for the corporation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities : Leads and develops analysis, research and solution development on corporate strategy initiatives. Coordinates and participates in teams addressing multiple business unit issues. Responsible for defining and developing tools, models and frameworks for conducting research and analysis, works with internal and external sources to collect relevant data, coordinates and executes required analysis, and develops appropriate communication to senior management. Serves as a liaison to business unit personnel and responsible for soliciting and incorporating feedback into final deliverable. Job Contribution: Works independently on issues of diverse scope and leads analysis of industry trends and competitive dynamics requires evaluation of a variety of factors and potential outcomes. Education: Advanced degree strongly preferred (MBA or other Masters).
- 8-15 years of experience with a mix of strategy consulting firm background plus experience working in strategy in a corporate role. This experience may be complemented with other operations or leadership roles that include management of projects and cross-functional teams.
- Broad technology exposure is required, with an understanding of how the Telecommunications, Media, and Technology (TMT) industry is evolving. Expertise in software, communications, technology or media is ideal
- Strong use of strategic analytical principles, concepts and frameworks and their application in a technology environment
- Successful at assessing growth strategy both through organic and inorganic alternatives. Exposure to customer intelligence and analytics preferred
- A track record of success working in the context of a large, complex, matrixed organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
- Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, managing expectations clearly to all stakeholders.
- Skilled at analyzing problems and arriving at clear decisions. Able to distill information, gain clarity of ideas, synthesize, and then define next steps for execution.
- Bright individual, with ability to combine analytic reason, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters with multiple initiatives. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as operational details.
- Energetic and resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; an advanced degree (e.g., MBA or other Masters) from a well-regarded institution is preferred. Specialization in Strategy, Finance, Operations, Marketing or Technology Management preferred.
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Business Acumen
- Business Markets
- Business Orientation
- Financial Risk Management
- Global Perspective
- Industry Knowledge
- Institutional Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions (MandA) Operations Management
- Operational Functions
- Product Development Best Practices: Research, Identification, and Application
- Products and Services
Requisition ID 1769359
• Location: Dallas
• Post ID: 70214167 dallas