Location: Dallas, TX (Downtown)
The National IT is looking for staff augmentation to assist with creating software installation packages for both in-house developed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) software, for electronic distribution to a standard locked-down desktop environment. The individual will work with application development and support teams, and business customers, to determine software installation requirements. In addition they will work with subject matter experts and project managers to validate installation packages, and pilot and deploy software.
- Maintains documentation for software packages.
- Applies optimal testing techniques and performs necessary quality control checks to verify software installation packages work as designed.
- Researches and troubleshoots installation package defects and makes necessary coding adjustments.
- Complies with software packaging quality and performance standards, and testing processes and procedures.
- Participates in functional and technical specification reviews, and works closely with design engineers and project teams to ensure software install packages meet quality and performance requirements.
- Provides estimates on packaging efforts and reports on progress.
- Communicates status and escalates complex packaging issues to Packaging Team Lead.
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience with formal Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems, particularly with regard to the file system and system registry.
- Advanced knowledge of MSI packaging techniques, PowerShell, and creating MSI custom actions.
- Experience packaging software for installation and deployment using InstallShield, testing software-package install scripts in a Microsoft Windows environment, and using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to deploy software packages to Wintel PCs.
- Familiarity with VMWare and/or other desktop virtualization products.
- Advanced knowledge of application virtualization.
- Knowledge of the Apple OSX operating system and experience packaging software for installation and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet assigned deliverable deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, basic inspection and testing techniques, and corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Understanding of, and ability to use appropriate methods, tools, and applications.
Nice to Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Five to ten years of packaging experience.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices for IT service management preferred.
- Experience in an IT Desktop Support environment preferred.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 70736122 dallas