What you’ll be doing...
As a Solution Architect in Verizon Enterprise Solutions (VES) Advanced Technology Group (ATG), you will be responsible for acting as a technical expert moving sales opportunities forward through technical validation. You will be required to present, with deep technical and design experience, technology’s business value by being the hands-on person executing proofs of concept (POC) - gather complex customer requirements, design a solution and prove the solution viability by documenting user stories and test cases, build lab environments, run test cases, document results and present to the customer, sales and presales community. The ATG Architects are the field’s voice to and from product management. You’ll also be responsible for communicating the latest product features and ensure the field is equipped with the latest known design challenges and best practices.
The ideal candidate would be someone who’s been implementing technology for a customer and would like to spread their wings – learn something new and share their passion of technology with others. Someone who’s focus has been in networking and how networking is evolving to be software – SDN, VNF, Hybrid Business Collaboration and Security solutions.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Seven or more years of experience in designing and implementing complex WAN solutions for Fortune 500 companies. This role requires wide and deep technical and presales skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrate self-direction, self-motivation, self-initiative, and work autonomously
- Proficient at Lab Testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Technical Skills and Certifications:
- Certification(s): CCNA, CCNP, VMware • Hardware: Cisco, Juniper • Software: IOS, IOS-XE, ASA.
- Application(s): Spirent Test Center, Visio, IXIA.
- Core networks - Internet and MPLS • Wireless - 802.11a-n • LTE/4G - Data over Cell • NFV or Openstack • WAN Optimization.
- Network management tools and protocols.
- Motivated to be the best in a particular technology through combined hands-on learning and reading technical documents.
- Assist with configuration and management of Cisco Routers and Switches; assist with the Wan and Lan infrastructure (Cisco and Juniper).
- Assist with development of as-built documentation for lab testing environments.
- Provides physical and technical assistance to lab engineers as required.
- Architecture Skills:
- Strong documentation skills: Visio, OmniGraffle, G-Suite, Jive, Atlassian Confluence, UML
- Advanced design and sales skills in at least three of the following:
- Data and IP Services (MPLS, VoIP, VPN, IP PBX)
- Managed Network Services (LAN, WAN, CDN, Managed IP PBX)
- Managed Security Solutions
- Data Center Outsourcing (application hosting, managed storage)
- Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Customer Portal)
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services)
- Presales Skills:
- Established industry relationships and active with LinkedIn and other business social connections.
- Confident in discussing technical requirements and influencing customer’s perception of best design.
- Excellent presentation and value proposition skills.
- Proven track record moving sales opportunities forward with technical validation.
- Ability to bridge business drivers to product functionality through persuasive story telling in person as well as web-collaboration.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7511147-principal-architect
• Post ID: 63010518 dallas