Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:22 AM
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
PhD, DNS or DNP required and at least 6 years experience in clinical nursing with progressive responsibility. Two years experience in a nursing leadership role, two years experience facilitating research. Demonstrated experience in grant writing, scholarly publications and/or presentation and visibility within the nursing community.
1. Develop strategic plan for nursing research across UT Southwestern University Hospitals and hospital based clinics. 1a. Benchmark best practices 1b. Provide nursing administrative oversight to nursing research committees and/or councils. 1c. Plan, implement and evaluate nursing research and partner with nursing education to determine research translation needs to promote the delivery of quality patient care and improved patient outcomes. 1d. Conduct annual research needs assessment and use results to develop departmental goals and a plan in collaboration with the nursing executive team and in alignment with nursing department goals. 1e. Evaluate and build an infrastructure that supports growth and a national presence of Evidence Based Practice and Nursing Research. 1f. Assure that all standards and regulatory requirements are met for defined areas.
2. Provide leadership and oversight for research functions. 2a. Promote, support and facilitate individuals engaging in nursing research, activities to advance research in practice, evidence based practice, the conduct of research, research utilization and dissemination of research results. 2b. Collaborate to develop innovative programs to educate and enhance the knowledge of nursing staff about research. 2c. Create and maintain organizational research courses and a nursing research fellowship. 2d. Develop systems/processes for dissemination of EBP practice changes and research findings. 2e.Develop data measures to track progress and outcomes of Magnet strategies. Analyze information and report findings to peers and supervisors with recommendations for action.
3. Develop innovative partnerships across the UT Southwestern campus and with schools of nursing to create and support nursing research 3a. Contribute to the academic and research community by conducting research, applying for external funding and reporting research findings. 3b. Foster an environment of continuous learning, one that is conducive to the conduct of inquiry, research and evidence based practice.
4. Initiate, monitor and meet a carefully thought out fiscal plan for nursing research. 4a. Manage the financial operations of the department to ensure productive utilization of resources to assure focus and commitment to research needs.
5. Lead and promote staff engagement in decision-making using the Shared Governance model. 5a. Lead activities to promote, adopt and embrace EBP and research standards. 5b. Serve as advisor and facilitator of the nursing research and evidence based practice council. 5c. Promote and support onsite nursing research projects.
6. Role model for interdisciplinary practice. 6a. Collaborate with all hospital departments to identify educational needs related to nursing research and implement joint educational programs. 6b. Promote and participate in multidisciplinary research. 6c. Mentor nurses to become successful researchers actively engaged in the conduct of research. 6d. Set an example of high level physician nurse collaboration in both education and research.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.
• Location: Dallas
• Post ID: 48340395 dallas