Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:28 PM
James Hardie Building Products, Inc. has an opportunity for a Buyer who will be predominately responsible for effectively negotiating and managing relationships with our supplier base. If you are a team player who is able to influence others, enjoys focusing on multiple opportunities at one time, is competitive, driven, creative and an outside the box thinker, then this opportunity may be for you. The position will report to the Plant Controller.
* Proactively manage the relationship with our supplier base while assessing new opportunities.
* Negotiate selected contracts to include SG and A items which may include overnight travel.
* Provide thorough analysis of selected scenarios to allow for a well:informed positive outcome.
* Provide timely reporting to the Plant Controller and the National Purchasing Manager and a multi:discipline management.
* Coordinate implementation of contracts across plants that are affected.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to influence others without a direct reporting relationship.
* Must be able to implement ideas across multi:plant/country environment
* Demonstrated ability to focus/prioritize on multiple opportunities at one time.
* Incumbent must be able to influence suppliers to achieve the best outcome as it relates to James Hardie business objectives.
* The successful candidate must be competitive, creative and must think out of the box.
* Ability to conduct thorough request for proposal (RFP) analysis for effective evaluation of suppliers competitiveness.
* Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated experience in ERP systems software (SAP preferred).
* 4:year degree in Finance or Business with a minimum of 3:4 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Experience in manufacturing and building materials preferred
* Experience in maintenance or stores purchasing preferred
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude is required
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
• Location: Dallas, waxahachie
• Post ID: 74522342 dallas